Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mozart

I have focused on the effects of classical music, the importance, and the main use of classical music. I am now going to focus on a well-known classical musician. 


Wolfgang Mozart was born in Austria in the year 1756 and died in 1791 while living in Vienna. Mozart was a prodigy. He began dealing with music at the age of three and performed his first piece by the age of 5. Mozart was following his father's foot steps. 


Mozart's father was a violinist and played classical music. Mozart's sister was also following her father's foot steps and was involved in music. Aaron Green mentions in his article, The Genius of Mozart, "Mozart's father began touring Mozart and his sister not just locally, but also internationally!" With the help of his father and older sister Mozart became famous for what he is known for today. 


Mozart wrote nine symphonies. Mozart's pieces were known for their length. He wrote his music longer than most musicians of his time. After his ninth symphony, he began his Requiem. A requiem is a piece wrote for death. When Mozart began writing his requiem he was becoming ill. 


Mozart passed away in 1791. Mozart is still a well-known classical musician and has great music. If you have never listen to any of his pieces I would encourage you to do so.





3 comments:

  1. I really like your blog post about Mozart and classical music good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mozart. He is one of my favorite composers. I'd love to have you embed some music created by him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will embed some of Mozart's music. Thank you I hope you continue to enjoy my blog.

    ReplyDelete